In order for democracy to flourish, citizens must be active participants in their government and their community. They must also be encouraged to think critically and must be free to express themselves. Community Television of Knoxville (CTV) promotes these democratic ideals by providing access to the necessary equipment and training to provide effective communication through the use of cable television.
Since 1975, CTV has been providing media production facilities to the residents of Knoxville & Knox County for non-commercial use. Accessible to more than 100,000 cable TV subscribers throughout Knoxville & Knox County (and millions more throughout the world via the Internet), the channel serves a wide constituency, including community residents, local government agencies, nonprofit organizations and other community groups.
Providing Public, Educational and Government (PEG) programming not available anywhere else, program topics on CTV address a wide variety of issues related to local and global concerns, including the arts, living with disabilities, environmental issues, local government, historic preservation, physical & mental health, lifestyles, municipal & political affairs, religious & spiritual issues, sports, travel, recreation and more.
In 2009, CTV moved to our current address at 808 State Street – just around the corner from where we used to be. Follow these directions:
- Exit from I-40 (East or West) at Hall of Fame Drive.
- Take Hall of Fame Drive south to Hill Street.
- Turn right on Hill Street, just beyond the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Take the first right on State Street.
- CTV is in the second block, across from the First Tennessee Plaza.
- Turn right just past our building (look for the CTV Sign) on Cumberland Ave.
- Then, immediately turn right into our parking lot.
- There are 12 parking spaces (designated with signs) reserved for CTV.
- Do NOT park in any of the spaces on the other side of the building. If you do, you are likely to be towed.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Regular Office Hours are 9 am – 5 pm (Mon – Fri), but the actual hours of operation are subject to change on a daily basis based on production demands and the needs of our producers. Experience has shown that training workshops are best scheduled on an individual basis at times convenient to the producers, rather than creating set schedules that may or may not be convenient for everyone. Producers reserve studio equipment, portable cameras and editing suites using our computerized facility management reservation system. Our system has the capacity to cross check availability in real time and schedule reservations months ahead. Producers of regular series programs take advantage of this system by scheduling production facilities & equipment at the same regular time every month. This makes it much more convenient for them to recruit program guests and produce their shows.
- Regular Office Hours . . . 9 am – 5 pm (Mon – Fri)
- Media Drop Off (window slot) 24 hours/day Mon – Sun
- Portable Equipment Checkout & Return by reservation Mon – Fri
- Studio Facility Use by reservation Mon – Fri
- Edit Facility Use by reservation Mon – Fri
CTV will be closed on the following days:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday (3rd Monday in January)
- Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Veterans Day (4th Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
MEDIA DROP SLOT
For your convenience, a drop slot is located at the front door so you can deliver your programs 24 hours a day.