7.01 BOARD COMPOSITION
Controlled by a Board of Directors, CTV is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving as the public, education, and government access channel for the City of Knoxville and Knox County. All Board Member nominees must be approved and appointed by Resolution of City Council as follows:
• 1 director shall be appointed by the City Mayor from the Mayor’s staff
• 1 director shall be appointed by City Council to represent the Council on the Board
• 1 director shall be nominated by Comcast/XFINITY Cable Company, the franchisee, or its successors
• 1 director shall be the Chairman of the Cable Television Committee of the Knox County Commission, or the Chairman’s designee
• 3 directors shall be nominated by the General Manager from the community volunteers involved in the production of television programs through the public access channel
• the remaining directors shall be nominated by the Board of Directors based upon expertise and specific needs
The appointed directors enumerated above may nominate additional directors. When the board is composed of 6, 7, or 8 members, two of those members shall be appointed among the active producers of CTV. When the Board is composed of 9, 10, or 11 members, three of those members shall be appointed among the active producers of CTV.
7.02 ADDRESSING THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Persons wishing to address the Board must notify the Board in advance of their intention to be heard. They will be heard at the end of the scheduled board meeting, unless they are speaking to a specific agenda item.