Live online Treasure Hunt bidding underway now!
TWELVE THINGS . . .
Twelve things you should know about Community Television of Knoxville (CTV):
- CTV reaches more than 100,000 cable subscribers in Knoxville & Knox County.
- CTV seeks to share the life experience & diverse culture of ALL community residents.
- CTV provides gavel to gavel coverage of many important local government meetings.
- CTV seeks to promote local neighborhoods and the projects of neighborhood groups.
- CTV can help neighborhood groups raise funds for their neighborhood projects in many ways.
- CTV provides information about the programs and services of local nonprofit organizations.
- CTV provides capacity-building workshops for local neighborhood groups and nonprofits.
- CTV lends equipment to community residents to create videos.
- CTV teaches community residents how to use cameras, cell phones, & Zoom to create videos.
- CTV can be watched without cable via live internet stream at ctvKnox.org.
- CTV provides an archived online collection of all programs viewable anytime at archive.org
- CTV is funded through a percentage of franchise fees paid by local cable service providers.
Since its inception in 1975, CTV has been committed, first and foremost, to providing community programming on cable TV. Since 2008, CTV has also been providing a live Internet video stream. Streaming large amounts of video data requires strong, high-speed connections on the user end. Poor connections or low bandwidth can result in interrupted transmission. Variations can also occur depending on the Internet service provider, browser, and/or condition of the device being used.
If you are experiencing an issue related to the performance of our LIVE STREAM, please make sure you have tried to refresh your page. If you are still experiencing any trouble viewing our live stream or our broadcast on cable TV, please click the orange button to report the issue so we can investigate it. Please provide as much detail as you can on the form. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
RECIPE FOR ENGAGEMENT . . . Looking for a recipe to improve neighborhood communication, increase participation, and raise money for neighborhood projects the easy and COVID-safe way? Find out about the 2021 CTV Neighborhood Treasure Hunt currently underway by visiting ctvknox.org/hunt. Even better, watch the short treasure hunt orientation video hosted by Kevin, Monika & Jason at THIS LINK. Then, dig in and begin helping to promote engagement in your neighborhood and raise money to fund your neighborhood projects – the easy way.