The purpose of CTV’s Summer Movie Making Workshops is to introduce youth (grades 6-8) to the potentially powerful tools of video production. Participants will spend 5 days learning the art of planning, capturing, consolidating, and editing digital media. Finished projects will air on CTV. Several separate sessions will be offered at our conveniently located downtown studio. Lunch will be provided.
A Materials Fee ($25) must be paid for each participant.
- Limited spots in each session are available.
- Each session will be limited to 8 participants.
- Eligible participants will be entering grade levels 6-8 in the Fall.
- Every child (including siblings) must be registered separately.
- Selected participants in each session will be determined by lottery.
- No guarantee will be made that siblings will be enrolled in the same session.
- Notification of selected participants will be made via email. No phone calls please.
- Part of the workshop will include a supervised walking tour of the downtown.
- Parents will be required to print, sign and mail a liability release form with the $25 Materials Fee.
- Participants must be picked up promptly at 3 pm each day. No extended care will be provided.