ORGANIZATION REQUIREMENTS . . .
For many years, KCM has proudly hosted a graphics-based community calendar to help local nonprofit organizations promote events. Today, it is the most widely viewed, regularly updated community calendar in our region, airing on our channel between scheduled programs and at other times throughout the day and night, to reach the widest audience possible. Our online version allows many more to view the calendar at any time from anywhere on the front page of our website.
In the past, our calendar was restricted to announcements related to date-specific events. That has changed. During the COVID crisis, we understand very few nonprofit organizations are actually sponsoring events right now, but with so many viewers watching KCM, this is a great time to promote your organization in other ways.
Our improved Community Engagement Calendar now provides information about both, date-specific events and the regular programs & services provided by nonprofit organizations. Even if you have no events going on right now, please use this link to provide a brief description of some of the important programs and services you provide.
There are only three requirements a nonprofit organization must meet to post announcements on our calendar:
- Official proof of the organization’s Nonprofit Status. The preferred proof is a copy of your state or federal nonprofit determination letter.
- Contact information for the person who will be posting events including name, email address, and phone number. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to quickly set up your account, or call 865-215-8848.
- A fee of $30 is due each quarter you wish to post on our calendar, but you may opt to take advantage of the discounted yearly rate of $100. Payments may be made via cash or check.
CONTENT GUIDELINES . . .
- Announcements should be presented concisely using 25 words or less.
- Prices for admission or tickets may not be mentioned.
- Announcements may run for up to 4 months.
- Up to 12 different announcements may be posted quarterly.